Vista Community Clinic
Medical Records Tech
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Perform a variety of clerical functions including preparing and filing electronically into medical charts, compiling data for reports and preparing standard forms. Assist Compliance officers with preparing for audits. Provide technical support for users within clinic system for scanning procedures.
- Review paperwork for completeness prior to scanning
- Assist in the managing of documents as they apply to interfaces set up with outside entities (i.e. TCMC,HIE, etc)
- Forward medical record releases in a timely fashion to third party for release of information
- Ensure medical record release forms are obtained and accurately completed
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one year general office experience
- Minimum one year community clinic experience
- Minimum of one year of health records experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities