Vista Community Clinic
Database Analyst - SQL
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Create, develop and maintain data extracts and reports in support of current clinical systems. Participate in the entire report generation process; analysis, definition of requirements, development, documentation, testing, deployment and support. Support clinic and IT staff.
- Write reports using NextGen Healthcare, SQL and various other software
- Participates in the data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical record reviews, and programmatic evaluations related to HEDIS, UDS, PCMH and other quality initiatives.
- Monitors data integrity on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and maintains individual provider and practice level performance data dashboards
- Creates data files to submit to various payers to meet HEDIS requirements
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2, Transact-SQL, MS Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services
- Minimum one year experience working within a healthcare setting or with clinical processes
- Minimum one year experience with data modeling and query optimization
- Willingness and ability to obtain NCP (NextGen Certified Professional) certification within 6 months of hire date
- Valid California drivers license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation, to travel for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Informatics or related field
- Experience with multidimensional data warehouses and data programming
- NCP (NextGen Certified Professional) certification
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Ability and knowledge to perform basic troubleshooting of systems
- Strong computer knowledge, internet use, MS Office and data entry skills